Saturday 16 and Sunday 17, January 2016 in Sadali the traditional festival of “Is Foghidonis” repeats.
Giant bonfires are organized in honor of Sant’Antonio Abate and San Sebastiano, in an old timeless ritual. This is the date when Carnival begins and coincides with the first departure from traditional sadalese mask “S’Urtzu & su Pimpirimponi”.
When the fires are lit, it start performances of theater, music and dance through the streets of Sadali. During the event there will be stalls with food and drinks around the fires, and then you can continue with the festivities at night.
Here is the schedule:
Saturday, January 16, 2016
• 11:30 am – Guided tour of the city of Sadali;
• 16.00 – visit with theatrical representation to the Caves of Sadali “Is Janas” with the representation of the book ” The last Jana ” by Pia Deidda (it is necessary to book)
• 18.30 – Streets of the population – lit fires and first output of the typical masks of “S’Urtzu and su Pimpirimponi”;
• 19.00 – Open Kitchen
• 20.30 – Streets of the Old City – shows that revolve around the campfire with music, dance and theater;
**We recommend you go for lunch to the restaurant Su Stori**
Sunday, January 17, 2016
• 9:30 am – Breakfast at the Plaza with typical Sadali fresh bread, cottage cheese, honey and cheese axedu (cost € 2);
• 11:00 am – guided by various natural itineraries Excursions around Sadali.
For information: +39 349/3097358; +39 389/8093754